You may choose to engage our firm to implement investment strategies recommended in your financial plan.
- Dedicated, Personal Advisor –We pride ourselves on providing you personal, reliable ongoing advice on your investments and financial planning concerns.
- Objective Advice –We do not sell any financial products; we sell only our advice and services. This is different from other “advisors” in that we do not receive any commissions or referral fees.
- Tax Efficiency – Our managed portfolios use low cost, no load mutual funds with periodic rebalancing to achieve tax efficiency.
- Fiduciary Standard –We are committed to a fiduciary standard; we are bound to place clients’ interests above that of the firm. In addition, we adhere to the Certified Financial Planner Board of Stands and Ethics.
- Cost Effective –We find cost-effective mutual funds that meet the needs of each client in terms of risks, total return, taxes and costs. We also maintain a philosophy of rebalancing portfolios only when needed in order to keep transaction costs low.
We charge a fixed fee based on the size and complexity of your portfolio. Average management fee is 0.50 percent for the first $1 million of your investment portfolio. While there is not an asset minimum for our services, we require a minimum retainer of $3,000 per year, which is payable in arrears in quarterly installments of $750. Financial planning and investment management services can be combined at a discounted rate. MFP uses Charles Schwab as our custodian for investment management.
Merit Financial Partners, LLC has no monetary stake in the choice of recommendations. We do not sell investments or insurance products, so there are no commissions. And we neither accept nor pay referral fees.